Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Pura Vida!

So....a couple weeks ago dani taught Alias her skill: HOUSECLEANING.


Or so her mother wishes (sorry, mom)!


After serious cooking work done mostly by Nancy, along came Spanish 101 for Dummies. not to say Alias are dummies, or don't know Spanish at all....well. something like that.

Some words we learned....


In a conversation:


¡Hola!
= Hello!
¿Cómo estás? = How are you?

Estoy bien. = I'm good.
Estoy mal. <eh-s-toy mahl> = I'm not doing so well. =(

¡Adios! = Goodbye! (this is only generally in Costa Rica; since it literally means "To God", it can be very insulting to say in another country such as Peru, as you'd be telling them to go die.)

¡Pura vida! = take it easy!




Personal pronouns:


Yo = Me / I
Usted
=You
El
= him
Ella
= her


Some phrases worth learning if you ever go to a Spanish-speaking country:

Si = Yes
No = No
¡Ayúdeme! = Help!
¿Adónde esta el baño?
=Where is the bathroom?
¿Qué quieres? =What do you want?
Tengo hambre
= I’m hungry
...and then we had spaghetti with clam chowder "sauce" or tomato sauce. Clap for Nancy for doing almost all the cooking! :D
and next time you begin a meal, ¡Buen provecho! = have a good meal
*Tag* selina's turn!

No comments: